Help bring a smile to patients this Christmas… We want to give every patient on our adult wards, who won’t make it home for Christmas, a small gift. Many of our older patients don’t get a visitor on Christmas Day so this small act of kindness really could make their Christmas.
That’s where you come in, we need help in gathering over 1,500 presents!
Please check-out our Christmas Gift List and follow the instructions below:
1. Pick an item to give off the list – see below
2. For Ipswich Hospital patients bring your gift to The Courtyard Restaurant at the hospital, for Colchester Hospital patients bring your gift to the Main Reception at the hospital, wrapped or unwrapped
3. Pick up & complete gift tag – you can download them here
4. Place your present with tag attached under the Giving Tree at Ipswich (between 7:30 – 4:30 Mon– Fri) or in the Grotto at Colchester
5. Elves collect the presents daily ready for Christmas Day
Present drop off from 3rd – 21st December
We are aiming to give a present to all our patients on a ward on Christmas Day in Colchester General Hospital, Ipswich Hospital, Bluebird Lodge, Felixstowe General Hospital and Aldeburgh Hospital. We ask the lovely staff who are working Christmas Eve night to place the presents at each bedside ready for the patients to open on Christmas Day.
Here are some ideas of presents for our patients:
If you would like to support children in hospital over Christmas please get involved in the National Elf Service or complete one of our Christmas Stockings with a donation which can be found at the Giving Tree Drop off points.